You should divide underwear into categories, because not all parts require the same washing procedure.
- White cotton underwear: Withstands high temperatures and can even be washed at over 60 degrees.
- Colored cotton underwear: the hotter they are washed, the faster they fade. Therefore a maximum of 60 degrees.
- Label Advice: For non-cotton underwear, check the label.
- Lingerie: You wash fine fabrics by hand or on a gentle cycle.
- Bras: Place bras in a laundry bag so the clasp doesn't damage the rest of your underwear.
- Stubborn dirt: Your underwear will be hygienically clean even at 40 degrees. But if it's particularly dirty and the low temperatures aren't enough, you can add some oxygen bleach.