Up until a few years ago, fabric softener was an integral part of washing. Today its use is controversial.
What are the benefits of fabric softener?
- Laundry smells nice
- Clothing is softer and less stiff
- Laundry dries faster and is easier to iron
What are the disadvantages of fabric softener?
- Functional underwear loses its breathability due to the fabric softener
- Towels and terry towels lose their absorbency
- Ingredients such as surfactants or fragrances pollute the environment
- Synthetic fabrics stick together and wear out faster
- Fabric softener damages the dryer in the long term
We recommend not using fabric softener or only using it in exceptional cases.
Tips for still soft and fragrant laundry:
- Soft laundry : Add some vinegar or vinegar essence to the softener compartment when washing.
- Scented laundry : Our Alpenfrische wash strips smell delicious and subtle. And if you still don't have enough after washing, you can put a washing strip in the closet with your clean laundry.